RE: Trace file does not reside in user_dump_dest. Why ?

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 02:58:43 -0700

Hi

have you got unix permissions to write to this directory? Try to logon as oracle owner and check it by writing any small file there.

Also look at the output of the query

select name, value
from v$parameter
where name like '%user_dump%';

It will show your actual user dump directory

HTH Ed

Author: Shevtsov, Eduard
  INET: EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru