RE: spool command: echo not work

From: Seley, Linda <LSeley_at_IQNavigator.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:38:53 -0700

Greg -

When I'm doing this sort of thing I run the following:

set echo off termout off heading off verify off feedback off newpage none

set echo - controls whether or not the command is displayed when the command is run by START or @
set termout - controls whether or not the output is displayed when the command is run by START or @
set heading - turns off headers
set verify - controls whether or not the bind variable replacements are displayed (that is the line before the replacement is made and the line after)
set feedback off - turns off the number of rows returned newpage - sets number of lines printed at the top, before the title

But the most important part is running 'sqlplus -s'. This causes sqlplus to run in silent mode and suppresses all the sqlplus info, commands, banner, etc.

set echo and set termout won't work for you unless you are running a command file.

HTH Linda

Author: Gregory Faktor
  INET: gfaktor_at_ecal.com

Author: Seley, Linda