Re: cdump, bdump, udump

From: Terry Ball <terry_ball_at_csgsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:21:57 -0700

With the alert.log you are incorrect. Oracle only get a handle on the file when it writes to it. The rest of the time, it does not need nor keep a handle on the alert.log. You can move or delete the file and neither Oracle nor the OS care. A new alert.log will be created as soon as Oracle needs to write to one.

Terry

Author: Terry Ball
  INET: terry_ball_at_csgsystems.com