RE: This maybe interesting

From: Yexley Robert D SSgt AFIT/SCA <Robert.Yexley_at_afit.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:05:51 -0700

I'll actually be a customer of the system, but unfortunately don't know a whole lot about it's implementation or tuning or anything like that. The system I maintain will have an interface to this new system so that we can keep our system updated with real-time information from their system through a view, but that's going to be about as close as I get to seeing how they have it setup. You're right though, it should be very interesting to see how it works performance-wise. I can only hope it works better than some of the other Air Force wide systems that have been used recently. I was involved with an Air Force wide quality-of-life survey they did a little over a year ago that was available for use to ALL AF personnel, both military and civilian, worldwide. That's a fairly good number of users to be hitting an app at the same time at peak times. The performance of that system was unbelievably pathetic. It was comparable to MetaLink's performance in recent months of that gives you any idea ;-). So yes, it should be very interesting to see how things turn out. I for one plan on going down to the Personnel Office and making sure I get hard copies of all of my records prior to the launch date of this new system. I'd hate to lose anything in the transition and not have it when I need it for my separation in seven months. =)

Author: Yexley Robert D SSgt AFIT/SCA
  INET: Robert.Yexley_at_afit.edu
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 25 2001 - 12:05:51 CDT