async I/O with DB writer and LOG writer

From: KC <kchan_at_speednet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:06:49 -0700

Dear list,

I recently discussed the effect of
using async I/O with DB writer and LOG writer with someone, I was told that async I/O is more beneficial to DB writer than LOG writer, what is your opinion?? Can the difference be quantify??  I thought aysnc I/O with DB writer can be compensated by multiple DB writers, is there any comparison between the two??

KC Received on Wed Apr 25 2001 - 11:06:49 CDT