Re: Physical Data Layout

From: Saumya99 <saumya99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:19:12 -0700

Hi Chris,
The concern is the putting datafile on RAID system. Oracle documentation recommends not to put datafiles on RAID because reading from a RAID device is slower whereas writing is a faster process. Particularly when you are thinking of Performance benefit, you can give a consideration here.

-Saumyajit

Author: Saumya99
  INET: saumya99_at_yahoo.com