RE: Oracle vs DB2

From: <TCarlson_at_bunge.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:35:27 -0700

I just bought 3 STANDARD UPC server licenses for our site. We saved 275K by not using Enterprise. Email me if you want the details. Walt is right, they are lying to you. (The concept of trusting salespersons for technical issues is inherently wrong.)

HTH,
Todd Carlson
Oracle 8i Certified DBA
Bunge Corporation

                    "Weaver,

                    Walt"                To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

                    <wweaver_at_righ        <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

                    tnow.com>            cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     RE: Oracle vs DB2

                    root_at_fatcity.

                    com

                    04/24/2001

                    03:16 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

That's absolutely not true, Dennis. We've purchased Oracle Standard Edition for serving web pages, and no one at Oracle told us we could not.

I think you need to find some other salescritters. You're being taken for a ride.

--Walt Weaver
  Bozeman, Montana, USA

Author: Dennis Taylor
  INET: ismgr_at_pctc.com