PLS-00225

From: Morton, Ronald D <rdmorton_at_switch.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:33:56 -0700

Hi,

I just ran into a problem with v8.1.6 on Linux whereby my stored procedure won't compile because it claims that a table reference is out of scope. It complains about the definition of the arguments to the stored procedure which are as follows:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE rollup_insert
(

    vv_rollup_id                OUT     rollup.rollup_id%TYPE,
    vv_warrant_id               IN      rollup.warrant_id%TYPE,
    vv_rollup_limit_id          IN      limit.limit_id%TYPE,
    vv_rollup_time              IN      VARCHAR2,
    vv_rollup_emp_badge IN      rollup.rollup_emp_badge%TYPE,
    vv_exec_id                  OUT     INT,
    vv_rc                       OUT     INT
)
AS

The specific error message complains that "rollup" is out of scope. If I substitute base level types for these, the procedure will compile. I have included the "rollup" table definition and ownership below for reference. It is the TWS user trying to execute this procedure.

desc rollup

ROLLUP_ID                       NOT NULL        NUMBER
WARRANT_ID              NOT NULL        NUMBER
ROLLUP_TIME             NOT NULL        DATE
ROLLUP_TIME_TZ          NOT NULL        VARCHAR2(3)
ROLLUP_EMP_BADGE        NOT NULL        VARCHAR2(4)
ROLLUP_LIMIT_ID         NOT NULL        NUMBER
DATESTAMP                               DATE

select owner, object_name, object_type from dba_objects where object_name like '%ROLLUP%';

OWNER                      OBJECT_NAME                      OBJECT_TYPE
--------------------
TWS                     ROLLUP                  TABLE
TWS                     ROLLUP_INSERT           PROCEDURE

As you can see, the table and the procedure are owned by the same user. The table exists and the columns referenced in the arguments to the procedure also exist.

What am I missing here? Is there a new keyword called ROLLUP somewhere?

TIA Ron Morton
Database Architect / Administrator
Union Switch & Signal Inc
rdmorton_at_switch.com