RE: MTS&Cost based Optimzer

From: Miller, Jay <JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:50:07 -0700

Hi Rachel,

It was my impresssion that joining an analyzed and unanalyzed tables will used CBO, but the choice of access path will be badly skewed since the assumptions Oracle makes about the unanalyzed table will probably be nowhere near reality.
Obviously this can result in a terrible access path.

Jay Miller

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

Author: Miller, Jay