RE: help - spool file name - use variable

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:14:24 -0700

How about "spool &report_id.dat" ?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 6:22 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I'm writing a sql script file (first run couple of queries, insert results into a temp table), at last, the data need to spool out to separate files. the requirement was want the report name to be able to change depend on the query. Therefore, I have a variable in the temp table. Now I want to be able to enclose this variable name in my report name. like:

temp table has: report_id, division, room ...

So, the report will like:

SPOOL C:\c\CYCLE_COUNT_${REPORT_id}.DAT ... ( for report 1)

SPOOL C:\c\CYCLE_COUNT_${REPORT_id}.DAT ... ( for report 2)

however, when I'm coding now, the '${REPORT_id}" is unknown. The value variable will get at run time. I don't know how to be dynamic.

Hope I explain better this time. Thanks a lot.

  Diego Cutrone <dcutrone_at_afip.gov.ar> wrote:

Hi,

I don't quite understand your question, so here's what I understood:

Just enclose the variable name with "{ }" , here's an example

/home/oracle> export temp_variable=TEST
/home/oracle> echo "this_is_a_$temp_variable_only"
this_is_a_
-- wrong
/home/oracle> echo "this_is_a_${temp_variable}_only"
this_is_a_TEST_only
/home/oracle>

Hope it helps

Author: Gogala, Mladen