Re: Licensing! Again!!

From: Allen R. Lucas <alucas_at_chicagobridge.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:27:27 -0700

My understanding, obtained from arguing with my new licensing rep every 6 months, is that if 1 user has 3 connections, 1 concurrent license will cover.

Highwater would count the above 3 connection user as 3 towards its highwater mark, so the highwater is not a perfect 1-1 with the number of concurrent users, it is the number of connections.

                    "Cyril Thankappan"

                    <cyril_thank_at_redif        To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L
                    fmail.com>                <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

                    Sent by:                  cc:

                    root_at_fatcity.com          Subject:     Licensing! Again!!

                    04/23/2001 03:13

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Hi!

 really sorry if I am 'dragging u back'!

 But can someone help me with Oracle's licensing  policy (policies!) for servers

 and particularly the
 terms

"CONCURRENT USERS"
    Does 'concurrent users' mean that if 1 user     has 3 concurrent sessions , is he counted once     or thrice?

"LICENSE_HIGH_WATER_MARK"
   what does this term 'actually' mean in the alert.log

   Does it mean concurrent users as defined above?    or????

Thanks a lot

Author: Allen R. Lucas
  INET: alucas_at_chicagobridge.com