RE: Excessive CPU Utilization with OPS ?

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infy.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:12:33 -0700

Gogala

OK , Will Check & Revert Results
It is True However that we have Set up Releasable Locks Primarily ( gc_releasable_locks=80000)

Qs. 1 Oracle lmd process on DB Server is taking About 30% of the CPU During the Benchmark Run period (of 1 Hour) . How can this be minimized ?

Qs 2 Please Review the Parameters & Correct Whereever

Common Parameters for Both instances :-

gc_releasable_locks=80000
gc_files_to_locks="1=25000"
gc_rollback_locks="0-635=100REACH"

db_block_buffers          = 40000
shared_pool_size          = 130000000
shared_pool_reserved_size = 25000000
large_pool_size           = 10000000
PARALLEL_SERVER = true
lm_ress=906840
lm_ress=906840
parallel_max_servers = 0
lm_locks=1160260
java_pool_size=1024000

Parameters Differing for the 2 Individual Instances For instance 1 :-
instance_groups="abc"
parallel_instance_group="abc"

For instance 2 :-
instance_groups="def"
parallel_instance_group="def"

NOTE - Thus we Have Diabled Inter & Intra Node Parallel Query because in the Source Code
we are NOT using "PARALLEL" Hints or Alter Session Commands

SVRMGR> show sga

Total System Global Area                       1425716196 bytes
Fixed Size                                         103396 bytes
Variable Size                                  1093722112 bytes
Database Buffers                                327680000 bytes
Redo Buffers                                      4210688 bytes

Thanks

Author: VIVEK_SHARMA
  INET: VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infy.com