(Fwd) Re: How Can i Make D2k Application Web enabled?

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:06:29 -0700

fyi:

I'm not a guru, but I just received Developer 6i and installed and configured an NT Forms server this weekend. I'm actually impressed with the result. Was able to run my oldest Forms 4.0-->4.5-->5.0-->6.0 forms.
My apps clearly have to be extensively re-worked for Web presentation, but the technology is, I think, finally ready for PRIME TIME.

Anyway: follow the instructions on the 6i installation set. The one thing I stumbled on was not understanding that the jinitiator was a special download and install on the client. Also, nothing I saw in the install process told me to create the /download/ virtual directory and point it at the directory containing jiinit.exe. This exacerbated the preceding issue. Found that in a technical note on Metalink.

For this first go around, I used IIS on the NT 4.0 SP 5 Forms Server host.

Worked smoothly with I.E. 5.5 clients. Had trouble with Netscape 6, but I think I have a corrupted Netscape install.

Next step is to understand OAS 9i.

Happy Webbing.

At 08:01 AM 4/23/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Gurus,
>
>Can any one give me steps to make D2k application launched on web? Do i need
>to use 6i for developing my application?

Robert Monical
Reservation Technologies, Inc.
President and Technologist
rmonical_at_restek.com
www.restek.com
360-253-2365
Fax: 360-253-2518

--
ODTUG 2001 - Portal to Oracle Solutions is coming to San Diego, June 24-28!
Visit the ODTUG website at www.odtug.com for conference details and highlights.

Author: Eric D. Pierce
  INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu