Re: Where can I find real-life-examples about ORACLE installation

From: David A. Barbour <dbarbour_at_nucentrix.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 06:42:01 -0700

Remedy is a different beast all right. I found out about the schema thing when a PL/SQL function I wrote to retrieve dates (stored in seconds since the epoch) went awry, and the Oracle Discoverer templates I set up for our engineers stopped working. There are a couple tables, ARSCHEMA and I think it's FIELDS that will tell you what the table and field names are. Seagate(Crystal Reports) has an ODBC driver (ugh) that I'm told map these, or you can do what I did which is to create your own view using dynamic SQL.

Good Luck.

David A. Barbour
Oracle DBA

Author: David A. Barbour