RE: Can you create a database link back to same database?

From: Diego Cutrone <dcutrone_at_afip.gov.ar>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:42:46 -0700

hi,

I think that oracle is not finding the database descriptor (using 'fr.is.inr.com';) in the tnsnames.ora archive.

try this on the OS.

tnsping fr.is.inr.com

it should report something like this:

TNS Ping Utility for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 2.3.4.0.0 - Production on
 20-APR-01 18:43:34 Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1995. All rights reserved.

Attempting to contact (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=10.20.80.223)(Port=1521)) OK (240 msec)

Author: Diego Cutrone
  INET: dcutrone_at_afip.gov.ar