RE: PL/SQL-if-statement

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:44:55 -0700

Yeah -
I have hazy recollections of downing copious amounts of RB & Vodka a few years back too! In fact - my partner still does !! :) <SPAN
class=936182808-20042001>
Give
it a try - it's a great drink!!! You'll be swimming laps of the pool all evening..
<SPAN
class=936182808-20042001>
<SPAN
class=936182808-20042001>Mark
<SPAN
class=936182808-20042001>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of lerobe - Lee   RobertsonSent: Friday, April 20, 2001 09:21To: Multiple   recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: RE:   PL/SQL-if-statement
  <SPAN
  class=421191807-20042001>Erm... I hate to reinforce the popular myth about   Brits. and their drinking but we have been doing the old "Red Bull and Vodka   thing" for about 3-4 years now.
  <SPAN
  class=421191807-20042001>
  Have
  fun at the pool party Lisa
  <SPAN
  class=421191807-20042001>
  Hic
  !!!!!

<FONT

    size=2><FONT color=#0000ff
    face=Arial>
<FONT

    size=2>
<FONT

    size=2> -----Original
    Message-----From: Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com     [mailto:Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com]Sent: 19 April 2001     22:41To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:     RE: PL/SQL-if-statement
<SPAN

    class=270473920-19042001>Pool Party?  Where?  I hear that the new     power drink "Red Bull" tastes great with Absolut!!
<SPAN

    class=270473920-19042001>

      <FONT face=Tahoma
      size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Koivu, Lisa
      [mailto:lkoivu_at_qode.com]Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 5:21
      PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:
      RE: PL/SQL-if-statement
      Hi Q, how's lovely MN?
      That was in response to other people in our company who
      have their self-important MS certifications spelled out in their entirety
      in their signature.
      Instead of spelling out 'Oracle Certified Professional -
      Database Administrator' in my signature I figured I could be
      creative.  The only title I nixed was Supreme Queen Office
      B*ch...  though it is rather appropriate.  I also was promoted
      to 'Senior Dba' last week but I don't think that's appropriate,
      either...  Titles are nothing !  They pay me way too much for
      how much goofing off I do.
      It's been a long week and tomorrow afternoon is Pool Party
      Time at my house.  Everyone's invited :)  Captain Morgan and Sir
      Absolut will be making an appearance.
      Cheers All!!!
      -----Original Message----- From:
      Brian_McQuillan_at_gelco.com [<A
      href="mailto:Brian_McQuillan_at_gelco.com">mailto:Brian_McQuillan_at_gelco.com]
      Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 4:21 PM <FONT
      size=2>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <FONT
      size=2>Subject: RE: PL/SQL-if-statement
      Lisa >Lisa Rutland Koivu
      >Oracle Database Administrator <FONT
      size=2>>Certified Self-Important Database Deity <FONT
      size=2>>Slayer of Unix Administrators >
      Wanton Kickboxing Goddess
      Love the new by line - it suits you well - but one
      question - is that Self Certified Self Important
      datavbase Deity or did you pass a special OCP exam
      for that ? ;-)
      "Koivu, Lisa" <lkoivu_at_qode.com>@fatcity.com on
      04/19/2001 11:40:54 AM
      Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
      Sent by:  root_at_fatcity.com
      To:   Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
      <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

      Have you tried rpad() or lpad()?
      Lisa Rutland Koivu Oracle Database
      Administrator Certified Self-Important Database
      Deity Slayer of Unix Administrators
      Wanton Kickboxing Goddess
      lkoivu_at_qode.com
       NeoMedia
      2201 Second St., Suite 600 Fort
      Myers, FL 33901, USA Phone: 941-337-3434
      Fax: 941-337-3668 www.neom.com
      <<A href="http://www.neom.com"
      target=_blank>http://www.neom.com> <FONT
      size=2>www.paperclick.com <<A href="http://www.paperclick.com"
      target=_blank>http://www.paperclick.com> <FONT
      size=2>www.qode.com <<A href="http://www.qode.com"
      target=_blank>http://www.qode.com>
      P a p e r C l i c k . c o m <<A
      href="http://www.paperclick.com/home.htm"
      target=_blank>http://www.paperclick.com/home.htm>
       Enter Your PaperClick Code Here!

      -----Original Message----- Sent:
      Thursday, April 19, 2001 10:56 AM To: Multiple
      recipients of list ORACLE-L
      How can I change  this pl/sql code, in the
      while-statement  maybe  so that if the
      field OWNER_NO is NULL, then it  should  be written six
      characters?
      The code looks like this:

      "IF  recCursor.OWNER_NO is null then <FONT
      size=2>vOWNER_NO := '000000'; else
      v_OWNER_NO:= to_char(recCursor.OWNER_NO);
      WHILE length(vOWNER_NO)  < 6 LOOP
      vOWNER_NO '0'0' || vOWNER_NO; END
      LOOP; END IF;
      How shoud I write to fix this script so therw will be
      written out 6 characters if the field OWNER_NO is
      empty. I want to use the WHILE LOOP. Any one whom
      can help me with this?
      Roland Sköldblom
      -- Please see the official
      ORACLE-L FAQ: <A href="http://www.orafaq.com"
      target=_blank>http://www.orafaq.com --
      Author:   INET:
      Roland.Skoldblom_at_ica.se
      Fat City Network Services    -- (858)
      538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego,
      California        -- Public Internet
      access / Mailing Lists <FONT
      size=2>--------------------------------------------------------------------
      To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail
      message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT
      spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY,
      include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the
      name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may
      also send the HELP command for other information (like
      subscribing).
      Author:   INET:
      Brian_McQuillan_at_gelco.com
      Fat City Network Services    -- (858)
      538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego,
      California        -- Public Internet
      access / Mailing Lists <FONT
      To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail
      message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT
      spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY,
      include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the
      name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may
      also send the HELP command for other information (like
      subscribing). <FONT

  size=3>The information contained in this communication   isconfidential, is intended only for the use of the recipientnamed   above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not   the intended recipient, you arehereby notified that any dissemination,   distribution orcopying of this communication is strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this   communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of   it from your computersystem. Received on Fri Apr 20 2001 - 03:44:55 CDT