RE: Track Inserted record ?

From: Haskins, Ed <Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:47:51 -0700

Wendy
/ Helen,
<SPAN

class=760484421-19042001>
Are
your query results more than one rows worth of data?  If so, you'll need to use something other than a simple sequence or ROWID.  A PK would be helpful.  Also, maybe you could run this query / insert from a procedure that will create a sequence or unique value to use for all rows returned in that specific query.  I'm not a PL/SQL expert, so maybe someone else could help in the actual syntax?
<SPAN

class=760484421-19042001>
HTH a
little.
<SPAN

class=760484421-19042001>
Ed
Haskins
Oracle
DBA
<SPAN

class=760484421-19042001>Verizon Wireless
<SPAN

class=760484421-19042001>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Helen Zhung   [mailto:lannyue_at_yahoo.com]Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 6:32   PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: Track   Inserted record ?
  Hello, ALL:
  When I insert the query results into a huge temp table (where store all my   different query results), How can I track them?  so I can spool them out   separately to different DATA files?
  Use Sequence? RowID? Add another PK? Could you please show me how to use   them?
  Thanks a lot for help
  Wendy

  Do You Yahoo!?Yahoo!
  Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices Received on Thu Apr 19 2001 - 16:47:51 CDT