RE: More Metalink Venting - Cannot catch error 22

From: Kimberly Smith <kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:08:09 -0700

Did they ask you for your whole management chain? They tried to do that to me once on a priority one call. They really do get quite annoying when you have a production database down and they start hassling you to log an iTar. Its like listen, I heard the whole speech on the phone while I waited for the machine to let me put in my CID and I went though the phone system as a priority one so just ask me what my problem is and then tell me how to solve
it.

I had a talk with some of the support guys though on a course about this issue
and they do have a valid point about the number for people that call and claim
they have a priority one call and all they want is the syntax for a command or something else that is just as dumb. Thing is, they shouldn't assume that
this is the type of person calling (even if it is the majority). Its like when
I go to Wal-Mart and they put a little sticker over my bag. Its like they are
treating me like I am going to steal before I even get in.

Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com