Oracle 9iAS and Portal 3.0

From: Nancy McCormick <nmccormick_at_sbti.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:45:55 -0700

I have installed Oracle 9iAS and am having problems with the Portal 3.0 install. The 9iAS server is Solaris 8 with 9iAS 1.0.2.1. The database server is Solaris 8 with Oracle 8.1.7. I am very new to Java and Apache so I hope someone can help steer me in the right direction.

I am using the metalink document 132444.1 "Common Installation Problems with Portal 3.0 (9IAS)" to help me troubleshoot. My first problem was that the Java Virtual Machine was not properly installed in the database. I ran initjvm.sql and then reinstalled Portal 3.0. That took care of the first set of problems.

When I try to connect to the "Portal Page", "Login Server Page" or the
"Gateway Settings Page" I get a "Page cannot be Displayed" message. So ...

Now I am trying to verify that the Apache Listener and Jserver are set up correctly. I can access http://machine_ip_address:7777 . This page has the
"HTTP Components" listed. I can access everything on this page but:
  "Jserver Demo" http://machine_ip_address:7777/servlet/IsItWorking/ and   "mod_plsql"
http://machine_ip_address:7777/pls/portal30_sso/portal30_sso.wwsso_app_admin .ls_login
The document says that if you cannot access the Jserver Demo to verify that JDK 1.2.2 is installed. In my case it was not, so I downloaded the JDK 1.2.2_07 self extracting binary from Sun and installed it. I changed the jserv.properties file to point wrapper.bin to the location where JDK 1.2.2 was installed and added 2 wrapper.classpath lines for the dt.jar and tools.jar. I also modified the PATH variable to have the JDK 1.2.2 location as the first directory in the list. Then I stopped and started the Apache listener. I also verified that I can connect from the 9iAS server to the Database server using sqlplus which was successful. I still cannot access the Jserv Demo.

I really don't know what to look at next. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nancy

Author: Nancy McCormick
  INET: nmccormick_at_sbti.com