RE: Lawrence To's article on standby databases

From: Martin Kendall <Martin.Kendall_at_Rubus.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:26:27 -0700

Hi Mundo,

Be careful if you are on V8.1.6.0 as I have had problems with implementing an architecture where the Standby DB is in Read Only mode during business hours and then manually recovered outside business hours.

The problems were occuring whilst the Standby was shutdown and then restarted
or indeed closed for recovery. The Arch Redo files were NOT being sent after the Standby DB was put into Read Only again....

In the end I developed a FTP solution which is fine for the purpose in question.
Martin

Author: Edmundo Vasquez
  INET: EdmundoV.CSC.EPCC_at_epcc.edu

Author: Martin Kendall
  INET: Martin.Kendall_at_Rubus.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 18 2001 - 15:26:27 CDT