Re:Direct Vs. SQL*net

From: Rodd Holman <rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:07:24 -0700

Dick,
Try this:
SQL> l
  1 select p.spid OSPROCESS,

  2         substr(p.program,1,25) OSPROG,
  3         substr(s.osuser,1,12) OSUSER,
  4         status,
  7         substr(s.machine,1,12) MACHINE,
  8         s.terminal
 10  from   v$session s,
 11         v$process p

 12 where s.paddr = p.addr
 14 and osuser = rholman
 13* order by osuser, s.sid
SQL> RESULTS from internal connection:
$. oraenv
$sqlplus sa
OSPROCESS OSPROG                  OSUSER       STATUS   MACHINE TERMINAL
--------- ----------------------- ------------ -------- ------- ----------
22446     oracle_at_cass (TNS V1-V3) rholman      ACTIVE   cass    pts/8

1 row selected.

RESULTS from net8 connection:
$. oraenv
$sqlplus sa_at_cl85dev

OSPROCESS OSPROG                  OSUSER       STATUS   MACHINE TERMINAL
10876     oracle_at_cass (S001)      rholman      ACTIVE   cass    pts/8

1 row selected.

If you look at the program from v$process (OSPROG) you can see the difference between the two connections. Also a ps -ef|grep oracle will show protocol information on the internal connection. The machine column for both of these is the same since I ran them from the console of the same machine.

--
Rodd Holman
Oracle DBA

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Rodd Holman INET: rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).