RE: Locally Managed Tablespaces

From: Hallas, John <HallasJ_at_logicae.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 02:02:26 -0700

FOR YOUR INFORMATION ESIS and EPFAL are now part of Logica. The Internet email addresses of the staff has changed to the following - lastnameinitial_at_logica.com eg SMITHK_at_logica.com. Emails using the old format will continue to be delivered until 30th June 2001.

I have noted a very minor issue on our AIX 4.3 systems running 8.1.6.0.0 when creating a LMT.
We get the error message ORA-01543 tablespace XXX already exists but it then goes on to create the tablespace.

This is repeatable on several systems all at the same version. On an 8.1.6.3 system it does not happen. There is nothing on Metalink.

The command I am using is create tablespace john datafile 'xxxxxxxx' size 100M extent management local uniform size 1M;

Anybody getting this on an 8.1.6.0 system?

John

                Author: Stephen Andert
                  INET: StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com

                Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
538-5051
                San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access /
Mailing Lists

You may
                also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to Logica and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Author: Hallas, John
  INET: HallasJ_at_logicae.com