Oracle 9iAs on Linux intel

From: TARUN SHARMA <tarun.sharma_at_tatainfotech.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:16:38 -0700

Hi Everybody,

   Did anyone install and work on oracle9iAS on    Linux intel.
   I'm doing it. In my case my 8.1.7 database is on    a seperate NT machine.
   When I installed 9iAS it gave problem in installing two components.    one is database cache and other is portal30. In both cases it asked    for connection to database. While I made some entry in TNSnames.ora    it worked partially for database cache as it failed at 96%. It failed    at updating userlist it gave error ORA-28575 "unable to open RPC    connection for external procedures". And secondly it did not connect to    database when I install portal30.

     How do I solve these problems, is there any way to install the
     remaining components again. Moreover, I'm working  first time on
    Linux so I don't know how to set path and oracle home variables.     permanently. Is there any file like '.bat' in windows which set the    path. Help needed. Also if there is any book for oracle 9i and linux.

                                                 Tarun

Author: TARUN SHARMA
  INET: tarun.sharma_at_tatainfotech.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 17 2001 - 22:16:38 CDT