Re: Meeting at IOUG - LOCATION CONFIRMATION

From: Murali Vallath <murali_vallath_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:07:11 -0700

Since I started this thread. Let me call for a closer. I think this suggestion is great. Let confirm this.

Murali Vallath

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:53:57 -0800

Glad to see so many people wanting to get together. I would like to propose a time and place...

Tuesday night is the "big bash", and Wednesday night is a "Pleasure Island" event. There is a Monday night welcome reception in the exhibit hall until 7:45.

So, I think the best time is Monday at 8pm, somewhere in the Swan and Dolphin complex (not knowing the Orlando area personally). http://www.swandolphin.com/restaur.htm lists the 15 restaurants (with 3D views). My vote is Juan & Only's - "A perfect place to enjoy moderately priced southwestern cuisine. Stop by the bar for the best margaritas in town! Open for dinner." for its bar and not super-loud setting so we can talk.

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Stephen Andert wrote:

> I'll be there and would like to meet as many of you as possible. If
anyone who knows the ropes can suggest a time/place, that would be great. As this is my first IOUG event, I don't have any ideas on where/when, so it's up to all you "veterans".

Author: Ari D Kaplan
   INET: akaplan_at_interaccess.com

Author: Murali Vallath
  INET: murali_vallath_at_hotmail.com