Re: 9iAS -- Boxes on which to run

From: Don Jerman <djerman_at_dot.state.nc.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:47:40 -0700

My experience is that 9iAS requires >1G RAM to run well. More if you want IFS... Given that the typical inexpensive Intel box is capped at 4GB and Microsoft won't let you use more than 3GB (2.5 realistically) on a 4GB machine, or half of your real RAM if you have less than 4GB, and that a typical Oracle DB will want 1 or more GB to perform well, you're out of RAM before you start. Blame it on the JVM...