Re: Entity Relationship diagrams

From: Brian Wisniewski <brian_wisniewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 06:57:08 -0700

We just went through the purchasing process with CA over ErWin. It is definitley not free! But at least it isn't based on the Power Unit matrix. :)

I don't know of any free ones.

Visio has very basic capabilities, ErWin is still King of the market, Embaracadero is up and coming but as of yet doesn't have a repository, Sybase's PowerDesignor is very nice also, and there is also Oracle's Designor but when the documentation told me it would take several hours to install I didn't take that as a good sign just to use as a modeling tool. All of these have eval's available from their websites.

I have another client which is creating a small database (10 tables or so) and they are using Access to show the relationships and such. Very crude but it works for them.

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices http://auctions.yahoo.com/
Author: Brian Wisniewski
  INET: brian_wisniewski_at_yahoo.com