Re: [EXP-00003: no storage definition found for segment]

From: MOHAMMAD AMER <mohammad_amer_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 01:47:12 -0700

hi Bachman,
I wonder how you could have an index that is out of your schema,you mean you built it with another user?
Anyway,the workaround you wrote would do it. did you try the command prompt for export instead of using the Gui at the server?
I got used to command prompts than GUI tools on the server and they are great.
here is the command for the export.

"exp73 userid=username/password_at_connect_string file=your_file_name
tables=your_table_name,another_table_name,...etc". I have used exp73 because you said you are using ORacle 7.3. I issue this command from the client (if you have installed on this client the designer 2000 tool).
when importing:
"imp73 userid=username/password_at_connect_string file=your_file_name
from_user=the_old_user_name to_user=the_new_user_name"

these are working very fine with me.

                                          Good luck

Author: MOHAMMAD AMER
  INET: mohammad_amer_at_usa.net