Re: OCP: Book review

From: <OracleLList_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 23:38:40 -0700

I've used the DBA exam guide and found it to be very helpful but if you're going for any of the certifications, you should also read the other Oracle Press Books dealing with the specific area such as Tuning.  I also read the Exam Cram books and bought and used the practice test for all the units.  I just passed the fifth and last exam (Tuning) required for Oracle DBA Certification. If you have access to the CBT training disks, those helped a lot too.  I do not have any hands on experience and am now looking for my first DBA position.  For the most part, I think the Oracle Press Books are pretty good.  I've also studied out of the O'Reilly books.  Hope this helps you decide!
Bill Johnson Received on Sat Apr 14 2001 - 01:38:40 CDT