RE: Temporary Tablespace Design

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:48:58 -0700

Do not increase the sort_area_size at the database level but at the session level. When I have big batch jobs running alone at night I increased the hash_area_size and the sort_area_size of the session running the job.
--- CC Harvest <ccharvest_at_yahoo.com> a écrit : > Kirti:
> The server is solely used for the Oracle Database
> and it has 2GB Ram. I didn't increase sort_area_size
> too much because I thought the table is so big, and
> probablay I could not run them in the memory. That's
> why I just try the temp tablespace.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> --- "Deshpande, Kirti" <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
> wrote:
> > I would suggest that you increase (as much as
> > possible) sort_area_size and
> > sort_area_retained_size for your session when
> > building indexes to minimize
> > temporary tablespace use. Making temporary
> > tablepspace of type temporary and
> > adjusting default initial & next extent size can
> > also help.
> > HTH..
> > - Kirti Deshpande
> > Verizon Information Services
> > http://www.superpages.com

=== message truncated ===

Stéphane Paquette
DBA Oracle, consultant entrepôt de données Oracle DBA, datawarehouse consultant
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?paquette=20stephane?=
  INET: stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com