RE: How to get rid off file permanently?

From: Smith, Ron L. <rlsmith_at_kmg.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:48:02 -0700

I have dropped a datafile a couple of times by taking it offline and then dropping it. This was done after I created a new datafile and accidentally put it in the wrong place, got the allocation wrong or misspelled the name. You just have to make absolutely sure that the datafile does not contain any objects.

Author: Andrea Oracle
  INET: andreaoracle_at_yahoo.com

Author: Miller, Jay
  INET: JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com

Author: Smith, Ron L.
  INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Apr 12 2001 - 13:48:02 CDT