RE: 7.3.4 svrmgrl requiring password if called by root user

From: Steve McClure <steve_at_pactr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:25:07 -0700

Thanks everyone who responded to my request. I am still unsure why svrmgrl would prompt for a password, but I was able to solve the problem by extracting my dump2 commands from the PERL script that was doing my regular backup. So now I have root's crontab call a new shell script, that first SUs to a backup user executes my PERL backup script, then finally, calls my newly created dumpall script as root.

  Allthough I felt my original solution was more elegant, this one actually works. We've all been there right?

Thanks Again,
Steve McClure

Author: Steve McClure
  INET: steve_at_pactr.com