Re: RMAN doubts

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:53:10 -0700

If you are running in the NOARCHIVELOG mode, how do you have entries in the ACRH_LOG_DEST? What will you gain by issuing the command to "archive all" when you are not archiving?
Am I missing something in the backup schema of things? ROR mª¿ªm

>>> orcldba_at_hotmail.com 04/11/01 04:05PM >>>
1. The database is running in NOARCHEVELOG mode :

   Oracle manual says that 'you can skip tablespaces, but skipped tablespace    that has not been offline or read-only since its last backup will be lost    if the database has to be restored from a backup.'

   Can we skip backing up of TEMP tablespace?    In case recovery is required then instead of recovering 10GB,    we could create it by SQL statements.

2. Will following command backup all the archved redo logs to tape and delete

   them from the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST?

   run {

       allocate channel ch1 type 'SBT_TAPE';
       backup
           archivelog all
           delete input;

    }

Still more to come...

TIA, -Rahul
P.S. I have passed OCP 8 Backup and Recovery exam with score of 58/60. That's

     why probably I am having so many doubts. Was better ithout OCP ;-(

Author: Rahul Dandekar
  INET: orcldba_at_hotmail.com

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org