RE: database links

From: Vadim Gorbounov <vgorbounov_at_simplyengineering.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:55:07 -0700

Hi, Millie,
Try this location
ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/server/

HTH
Vadim Gorbounov
Oracle DBA

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 10:26 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I have set the global_names parameter to false on my mainframe database ORS1 and recycled the data base. When I do a select * from global_name, it show the name of ORS1. When I do the same on the unix database dw1, it show the name of DW1.WORLD. When I do select * from dba_db_link on ORS1, it show other host as dw1.world. How can I change my global_name to be ors1.world? What should the SERVICE_NAME parameter be? We don't use this parameter, I tried serveral different names, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Thanks.
Millie

Author: Chan, Millie
  INET: mchan_at_surfside.rutgers.edu

Author: Suhen Pather
  INET: Suhen.Pather_at_strandbags.com.au
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing)..

Author: Chan, Millie
  INET: mchan_at_surfside.rutgers.edu

Author: Vadim Gorbounov
  INET: vgorbounov_at_simplyengineering.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 11 2001 - 10:55:07 CDT