RE: OT: shell script to compare nos.

From: lerobe - Lee Robertson <LEROBE_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 04:06:21 -0700

OK then try the following

#!/bin/ksh
VAR1=$1
VAR2=$2
opersign=`echo "$VAR1 - $VAR2"|bc| cut -c1` if [ "$opersign" = "-" ]
then
echo "VAR2 is greater than VAR1"
else
echo "VAR1 is greater than VAR2"
fi

That should definitely work.

Cheers

Lee - Using no book and currently at Acxiom in the UK.

Author: Alex Apostolopoulos
  INET: a.apostolopoulos_at_TRUCK24.com

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.
Author: lerobe - Lee Robertson
  INET: LEROBE_at_acxiom.co.uk

Author: lerobe - Lee Robertson