Re: Question abount Unique Keys

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:41:52 -0700

Without diving into the docs, the differences I can think of are that a unique index is just that, an index that will not allow duplicate values on the key, as long as none of the columns are nullable.

A unique constraint is a different beastie. It can be referred to by a foreign key, and just as a PK requires an index to help enforce it effeciently, so does a unique constraint.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com