Oracle8i Installation problem on Linux

From: Brijesh Lal <lal_brijesh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:24:26 -0700

 Hi
 I was problem of installing oracle 8i on Linux 7.0.  The problem came during database creation after net 8  configuration was sucessful the installation got  hanged at 80% of database creation Thinking of going  for mannual installtion I killed the databse assistant
 wizard and tried to go for mannual databse creation  however I am not able to bring instance in nomount stage also the process hangs and after long time error comes that end-of-file on commincation channel. I saw error file also but this did not solve my problem. Can anyone please help me in solving this problem. The configuration of my PC is oracle 8.1.6
 128mb RAM
 256 MB swap space
 IBM PIII processor

 Regards

 Brijesh

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Author: Brijesh Lal
  INET: lal_brijesh_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Apr 09 2001 - 14:24:26 CDT