Re: SECRET

From: Cyril Thankappan <cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:00:39 -0700

Hi!

Man , I should say that I am 'surprised'..

 cos we were on WAS 3.0.2
 and had 'severe problems' (the webserver used to hang   during business hours)
 and Oracle suggested we upgrade to IAS!!!!

 how come u are able to 'run' WAS without  Oracle 'support'
 can u please let me into the secret!

We have an old Oracle Web Server 3.0.1.1 here, with now nine cartridges, and CPU remains consistently above 95%. This is a dual 350MHz CPU Dell PowerEdge 2400.

I am curious now, is there a practical limit to the number of cartridges an Oracle Web Server can support without some part of it becoming a CPU hog.

Out of curiosity, are there people out there running Oracle web server setups with eight or more cartridges concurrently?

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle DBA)
Bedford Institute of Oceanography

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Chat with your friends as soon as they come online. Get Rediff Bol at http://bol.rediff.com

Author: Cyril Thankappan
  INET: cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Apr 09 2001 - 14:00:39 CDT