RE: Installing Oracle 8.1.6 Client on Solaris without x-windows

From: Johan Locke_at_iCommerce <Locke_at_iCommerce>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 06:23:21 -0700

Thanx!
This buggers up my day, but still - thanx

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Mohan, Ross
[mailto:MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com]Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 1:05
PMTo: 'Johan Locke_at_iCommerce '; 'Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L 'Subject: RE: Installing Oracle 8.1.6 Client on Solaris
without x-windows
 This would be great, but I think the glory days of DIY
are gone daddy gone.
I'd love to hear a success story otherwise from the list,
though. The most i've heard is that it can be scripted
to run in the background from a previous successful
install.
-----Original Message----- From: Johan
Locke_at_iCommerce To: Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L Sent: 4/9/2001 6:35 AM <FONT
size=2>Subject: Installing Oracle 8.1.6 Client on Solaris without
x-windows
Hi All
Is there a way to install the client on Solaris without
running a x-windows session?
(i.e. all from command prompt)
Regards JL
Kind Regards Johan Locke
<A href="http://www.JohanLocke.co.za"
target=_blank>http://www.JohanLocke.co.za <FONT
size=2>Certified Oracle 8 & 8i DBA Certified
Oracle Developer

Dimension Data i-Commerce Internet Services <FONT
size=2>Direct Line: +27 11 516 5343 <A
href="mailto:Johan.Locke_at_za.didata.com">mailto:Johan.Locke_at_za.didata.com
<A href="http://www.didata.com"
target=_blank>http://www.didata.com