database links

From: Chan, Millie <mchan_at_surfside.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 12:05:57 -0700

        We are setting up a test Oracle 8i (8.1.7 with OSDI) on our mainframe (os/390 v2.8), we can connect to the database instance (ORS1) from windows NT client, but when we try to connect to it using database links set up from our unix platform,

        we get ORA-12154
        TNS: Could not resolve service name

        When we try to link from ors1 I get:
        ORA-02019
        Connection Description For Remote Database Not Found.

        We created a tar with Oracle and waiting to hear from them.  Just
wondering if anyone on the list has the same problem?

Millie Chan
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Administrative Computing Services
65 Davidson Road
Piscataway, NJ 08855
Tel: (732)445-5433
EMAIL: mchan_at_acs.rutgers.edu

Author: Chan, Millie
  INET: mchan_at_surfside.rutgers.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Apr 06 2001 - 14:05:57 CDT