Can one listener affect another?

From: Lanteigne, Mike <MLanteigne_at_edc-see.ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 09:54:32 -0700

Hi all,

Something strange happened here this morning.

I created a standby database on our standby box this morning (Sun server OS 2.51 Oracle 7.3.4.5), all went well.
I check the status of the listener on the standby box, it was up (I don't know why I even cared).
The production listener went down shortly afterwards (I may have stopped the standby listener, however I don't think I did). The standby listener.ora file has HOST = "production box", not the "standby box" (replicated nightly from production to standby). I checked both listener.log files and a "stop" is in both log files at the same time (production and standby).

So, can stopping (or just getting status) from one listener affect another listener on another box if both listener.ora file entries "HOST = XXX" are the same ?

Mike

Author: Lanteigne, Mike
  INET: MLanteigne_at_edc-see.ca

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Apr 06 2001 - 11:54:32 CDT