RE: Backup for VLDB

From: Hand, Michael T <HANDM_at_polaroid.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 08:23:30 -0700

We have a ~500Gb database on Compaq/Alpha HW and we use the multiple-mirror break technique with a couple of varients. 1) We leave the database up but put all of the tablespaces in backup mode for the mirror break. The mirror set is then mounted on our failover system for the write to tape which takes ~4 hours. 2) We use two backup mirror sets, alternating so that one mirror set is always ready for a recovery from disk. This recovery technique proves itself daily as we have an additional mirror set which we break, mount, and recover to act as a reporting instance.

Mike Hand
Polaroid Corp.

Author: Hand, Michael T
  INET: HANDM_at_polaroid.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Apr 06 2001 - 10:23:30 CDT