RE: Intermedia text table design

From: Jack C. Applewhite <japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 07:06:00 -0700

Ranganath,

You've defaulted to in-line storage of CLOBs. You could specify "Disable Storage In Row" and point the CLOBs to different tablespaces, thus spreading your I/O out over more drives. You can also define a custom Basic_Storage interMedia parameter, by which you spread out the 5 or 6 segment types of an interMedia index on different tablespaces.

See Chapter 7 in "Oracle8i Application Developer's Guide - Large Objects (LOBs)" for details on LOB storage and the "Oracle8i interMedia Text Reference" for details on indexing parameters.

Jack

Jack C. Applewhite
Database Administrator/Developer
OCP Oracle8 DBA
iNetProfit, Inc.
Austin, Texas
www.iNetProfit.com
japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com

Author: Jack C. Applewhite
  INET: japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Apr 06 2001 - 09:06:00 CDT