RE: Recovery from noarchive db corrected

From: Hallas, John <HallasJ_at_logicae.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:41:32 -0700

FOR YOUR INFORMATION ESIS and EPFAL are now part of Logica. The Internet email addresses of the staff has changed to the following - lastnameinitial_at_logica.com eg SMITHK_at_logica.com. Emails using the old format will continue to be delivered until 30th June 2001.

With no disrespect to your English, the phrase "weakly copy of dbf files" (rather than weekly) seems rather appropriate. As several other listers have stated, by far the best option is to enable archive logging.
Whilst you seem to have the bases covered, have you considered how long it will take to re-apply the batch files and whilst there may not be much online input you are running the risk of losing all data that has been input after your last export and before the next one.

Best advice seems to be try archive logging and identify the impact then make a considered judgement.

John

John Hallas

                Author: Sinardy Xing
                  INET: sinardyxing_at_bcsis.com

                Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
538-5051
                San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access /
Mailing Lists

You may
                also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to Logica and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Author: Hallas, John
  INET: HallasJ_at_logicae.com