Backup for VLDB

From: Nosie <tekait11_at_bni.co.id>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 01:56:48 -0700

Dear All DBAs,

We are exploring possibilities of developing a system on Oracle database/UNIX. The data size could be as large as 150GB. We never have the database this large. I wonder how the backup scenario will look like. My question is:
1. Where should we send the backup files to? Tape, mounted filesystem from other server? The largest tape size?
2. How large is the size of each backup file? What UNIX can handle more than 2 GB file reliably?
3. How long will the backup process take time (in hours?), just roughly, I need your scientific guess.
4. Can we just use RMAN in this situation?

Thanks a lot in advance for sharing your experiences or ideas....

Nosie.

Author: Nosie
  INET: tekait11_at_bni.co.id

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Apr 06 2001 - 03:56:48 CDT