avoiding ora-1652 on temp tablespace

From: Seley, Linda <LSeley_at_IQNavigator.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 10:26:07 -0700

We
recently released a new version of our software and suddenly we're blowing out our temp tablespace.  The previous version never complained at 1000m.  The new version is choking on 2500m.  I don't want to keep adding space, although that's the conventional wisdom.  I want to find the query or queries that are being pigs and get the developers to fix 'em!

<SPAN

class=394295222-26032001>
By the
time I get notification that there's been an ora-1652 I can't find much info in the system.  All of the currently running queries are small, we only have 20 users connected at any time, v$sort_usage is empty, and v$sort_segment shows one segment taking the full 2500m.  I also can't turn on tracing, these 20 users are persistent and trace files will fill up in no time.  Our entire database is VERY small, only about 60m!

<SPAN

class=394295222-26032001>
Any
advice on how to catch these queries?  The ora-1652 errors are occuring about a week apart so it isn't practical for me to personally babysit the database.
<SPAN

class=394295222-26032001>
<SPAN

class=394295222-26032001>Thanks!
<SPAN

class=394295222-26032001>
<SPAN

class=394295222-26032001>Linda Received on Thu Apr 05 2001 - 12:26:07 CDT