BLOB vs. B-File

From: Yttri, Lisa <lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 07:26:44 -0700

Hi everyone -

I'm looking for some information based on your experiences.  We have an application that has large objects to store.  They are wondering which way would be better - to store them as BLOBs within the database, or as bfiles outside the database.  My instincts tell me BLOBs would be better, but I have no actual facts to base this on.

Does anyone have any information or know of any documentation I could review that might help define the differences - re. coding programs to access the objects, performance, administration, etc.?

Thanks -
Lisa Received on Thu Apr 05 2001 - 09:26:44 CDT