No Listner...!!!!

From: Saurabh Sharma <saurabhs_at_fcsltd.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 22:36:09 -0700

hi friends,

I'm trying tough towards becoming a ful handed oracle 8 DBA.
yesterday, i tried built new database on my test server, with successful creating req. set of files. i managed for successful running of both database.
but got some problem while connecting
to previous one, it says tns, unable to connect while starting svrmgr30.
before that i querried dba_users, it displayed sys a/c as locked.
now, i replaced the listner with a new one and made changes acc to my servername.

after a bit, the datbase started i connected to my server. but still not able to connect from any other or even my own m/c through sql plus.

can anyone pls tell me the possible lokkups where i missed or should look.

thanks in advance.

saurabh Received on Thu Apr 05 2001 - 00:36:09 CDT