RE: OT : Sinclair was RE: Metalink Again

From: Cornio, Georgette Ms USACFSC <Georgette.Cornio_at_cfsc.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 13:43:52 -0700

I did get my revenge on TIMEX though,
 put that Spectrum on eBay last year,
 and got $150 US for it.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 16:34
To: 'ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com'

Yea I started with the ZX 80, got a kit and built it.

My background is on the hardware end of MainFrames,  so I borrowed a Logic Analyzer from Work, hooked it up,  and scoped all the revelent CPU timings, using memory loops and BIOS calls,  what fun that was.

Then we got the TIMEX version of the Spectrum with a monitor,  but it was such a pain with the Audio tape Input/output. Gave up on it when TIMEX stopped support on it.

To this day my roommate will not buy or use another TIMEX product.

Got my first IBM PC Compatible in 1984 and haven't looked back.

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Author: Kevin Kostyszyn
  INET: kevin_at_dulcian.com