OT - RE: Metalink Again

From: Fowler, Kenneth R <kenneth_r_fowler_at_groton.pfizer.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 12:14:56 -0700

Sinclair Spectrum and Z80 (UK built machine I think)... I used to have a Sinclair Spectrum... top of the line at 48Kb of RAM. I used to spend my time trying to load games into memory from tape and then copy them back to another tape. The games used to be copy proof... they used to poke a value in memory where the system time is kept... then execute some instructions that must have taken a consistent time to execute and then read (peek) the same address and the game would fail to run if the 100th second was not as expected. Took me ages to figure out how to copy them... I must have been such a delinquent.

Ken.

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Author: Kevin Kostyszyn
  INET: kevin_at_dulcian.com

Author: Fowler, Kenneth R
  INET: kenneth_r_fowler_at_groton.pfizer.com