RE: table/index space usage

From: Bala, Prakash <prakash.bala_at_cingular.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 11:52:59 -0700

Gregory,

This will give you the number of extents allocated and the the last used block# for a given segment.

    select extent_id+1, block_id
    from dba_extents
    where extent_id = (select max(extent_id)

                       from dba_extents
                       where segment_name = 'YYY'
                         and owner = 'XXX'
                         and tablespace_name = 'ZZZ')
      and segment_name = 'YYY'
      and owner = 'XXX'
      and tablespace_name = 'ZZZ';

So the total space used (in bytes) = # of extents * extent size * block size

HTH Prakash

Author: Bala, Prakash
  INET: prakash.bala_at_cingular.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 04 2001 - 13:52:59 CDT